Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Holiday Workshop

Ack! Hello there!

I thought I had already posted about my Holiday Workshop, my apologies. We had so much fun getting to relax with some delicious (mostly) homemade holiday-themed treats and play with crafting supplies that afternoon.
 Part of my display featuring projects from past workshops and some lovely paper roses!
 My first attempt using the masking technique for a Halloween Card.
An apron pocket I made for a friend whose birthday party was that evening.
I added two hand-written recipes to it later on. It was a busy day!

Pumpkin Rock Cookies for October-Autumn, Cranberry Nut Bread for November-Thanksgiving, and Ghiradelli Chocolate Brownies with sprinkles for December-Christmas were just some of the treats we made.

Many of the ladies that attended are teachers, so I chose very simplistic projects that represented three major holidays that are coming up (way too) quickly. This time, there was not a card in sight! A sour cream treat box stuffed with candy in Rich Razzleberry and Pumpkin Pie represented Halloween. An apple cider slider was a fun and easy gift idea in So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie that could easily converted to hold a gift card or hot chocolate instead was for Thanksgiving. Finally, we also made luminarias in Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi using the Ornamental Punch and Holly Berry Bouquet DSP. I managed to remember to take some pictures of completed projects to share! I'm pretty sure that I've already mentioned that this part is my favorite thing about workshops.
It was so much fun and I'm already looking forward to the next workshop! This was great motivation to bring down and put out all of our Halloween decorations sooner than we typically would have and now we get to enjoy them all month long.

Are you getting ready for the holidays yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment