Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adorable Storage

Hello all!


I wanted to show you what I'm now using as storage for all of my Simply Adorned inserts that I've been making. It makes for a great and simple gift!

All thanks to Laura Denison of Following the Paper Trail: Her Gift Card Wallet design! She doesn't want us to embed her videos so you have to click on the link to watch the quick YouTube tutorial. She is so creative and lovely.  I may have cheated a little bit with my Very Vanilla lettering. While I used Stampin' Up! cards stock, I grabbed by beloved Cricut's Lyrical Letters and the images were inspired by Cricut's Simply Charmed.
These are themes from different classroom lesson plans. 
That is the gorgeous Pacific Point blue.
  I think I'm going to have much more of these in the future!
The pockets are the retired Bermuda Bay. It was my favorite.
 This one holds the generic everyday inserts.
This booklet is in Night of Navy. It was the base of my Christmas cards last year!
 I will probably add more monochromatic and personal themed inserts in the near future.
The pockets are in Very Vanilla.
 This sweet one features any holiday or seasonal inserts.
Again, this is in Bermuda Bay.
 There's not many now, but you know I have a bunch planned. 
I've only made it a third of the way through my preliminary idea list!
These pockets are also in Very Vanilla.
 
How sweet is that? It saves me from throwing them in a box and flipping through them like a deck of cards. I comfortably fit four per row, meaning that I can keep 24 inserts per booklet (or 12 coordinating pairs). The pockets are 1 inch deep and the entire thing is 5 x 5 inches when closed. 
After my first time making one, I realized I wanted to make sure I had enough give for a small spine and somehow the second one came out all crooked (it had a spine though!).
They peek out in the picture, but keep in mind that these tiny pieces are only 1 1/4 inches tall! They fit all snug and I can recognize what they are just by seeing a little bit of the top and slide them out with my thumb. 
Please let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment