Sunday, January 15, 2012

Herringbone Holidays

Hello there!

The holidays may be over but we still have plenty of leftovers to deal with in the aftermath. Oooh, especially those treats. Evil, evil treats.

I also had plenty of Holly Berry DSP from the Holiday Mini Catalog, so I decided to use it in an experiment with the Herringbone technique. Here's the result:
I used two pieces from my Fabulous Phrases to make the sentiment thinking that it could be a thank you note for a gift from the holidays. The strips are 1/4 of an inch wide.

Here's what I learned: this paper was so overwhelming. I tried to tone it down by grabbing my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and using the brush tip end to draw in lines that broke up the sections more. Next time, the patterns need to be much more subtle. I could have gotten away with a wider size for my sanity too. My 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch Square Punches were perfect and easy for the sentiment.

I also added a little touch inside:
I cut out one of the bunches of holly berries from a scrap pieces because I thought they were darling! That's just tucked into a corner on the inside of the card and outlined for a little touch of whimsy.

Hope that you all have recovered nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment