Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Subtle Thoughts

Hey there!

Have you checked out the Clearance Blitz sale going on for only a few more days? Yep, it ends Thursday, January 5th!

Exciting news! I'm in the midst of sprucing things up around here and wanted to share a quick card I made today.

It features colors from Stampin' Up!'s Subtles Collection (more specifically Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery) and images from a slew of stamps. If there's a style or set that you like but don't have just yet, why not re-purpose what you already have?

For example, want this?
I don't have Circle Circus yet, but I love the idea of cascading circles so I used pieces from a stamp set I got for the holidays, Delightful Decorations:
 
PLUS stamps from a set from the new Occasions Mini Catalog that goes live tomorrow!
I can't show you that just yet but I've pretty much created a workshop from this one simple stamp set and its coordinating punch. Both brand spankin' new.

The sentiment is stamped in a 2010 In Color, Concord Crush on Whisper White. To get the subtle image effect for the background, I used a Versamark watermark ink pad. I love the versatility of that little pad! It's great to use when you haven't collected all of the Classic Ink Pads just yet but you want to perfectly match your card stock base. 

You also use the Versamark to emboss because it stays slightly sticky and wet longer than the Classic Ink so you have time to sprinkle on your embossing powder and melt that with a handy dandy heat gun. It sounds complicated but is a pretty simple process once you get the hang of it but I'll have to show you that another time!

I did pop up the sentiment with my beloved Stampin' Dimensionals for an extra finishing touch. Such a simplistic project that I think its perfect to make a few copies of so I can give sets away as gifts. I love light bulb moments like that.

That's all from me today and I shall see you tomorrow for the launch of the new Mini Catalog! It's so fresh and fun in so many ways, I know you'll find something that you love in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment