Friday, January 27, 2012

Sprinkled Expressions

Hey there!


Have you gone nuts over Sale-a-bration yet?


This weekend I'm having my first workshop of the season and I can't to share and experiment with some of the stamps sets I was able to preorder as a demonstrator. I CASE'd (Copy and Share Everything) this card from a fellow demonstrator, Patrice Herrera at My Little Patch of Dirt. I saw the main design before she added that cute little shooting star or finished the inside. I love this layout so much that I made a set of these to show you. I'll be making a whole slew of these soon!

Each of these cards have Whisper White and Early Espresso for my neutrals, combined the 2011 In Colors, and I used the Square Lattice and Perfect Polka Dots embossing folders for a ribbon-like texture on some of my scraps. I used the SAB stamp set Sprinkled Expressions. It's right up my alley in terms of being a fun, bold, and graphic style!

Wisteria Wonder with Lucky Limeade.
How sweet!
 
Island Indigo with Calypso Coral.
What a great masculine card!

Lucky Limeade with Pool Party.
The color names make me think of summer in all this cold weather!

Pool Party with Island Indigo.
So refreshing!

Calypso Coral with Wisteria Wonder.
Almost a tropical feel to it!

In the past, the In Colors have been great but I always had one I loved so much more than the rest. First, it was Bermuda Bay, a feisty teal color. The 2010 In Colors not only brought a revamp on the product line by lasting two years, but they are staples when I want bright, bold, and basic colors. I loved them as a supplemental set to our regular color families. With the 2011 In Colors though... I just love using them as a set. They work so well together and are so fun and fresh!

Embossing the pieces of Early Espresso so they resembled ribbon was a fun touch. I even took my distressing tool from my Cutter Kit and roughed up the edges of one of the pieces. The main image of the card (the very back white piece) is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. Those little things mean business! The background of my card base was made by not only using my Versamark watermark ink pad, but adding on some Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder for that extra oomph! It feels so slick and shines at the right angle. These extra step really took the card to the next level and I'm always looking for ways to do that!

Here are some close-up in progress pictures of heating up the embossing powder. It always look like I'm performing some sort of crafting magic trick when the powder melts!



It's so awesome. Just when you start to doubt whether you'll notice the difference, it blows your mind. Maybe we're just easily amused, ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment